Free E-book: Storied Careers: 40+ Story Practitioners Talk about Applied Storytelling
The free, 88-page, illustrated downloadable PDF e-book, Storied Careers: 40+ Story Practitioners Talk About Applied Storytelling, is now available.
Click here to go to a site from which you can directly download your free copy of the PDF file of the book. File is 1.9MB and takes less than a minute to download.
The book compiles all the Q&As with story gurus that have appeared in A Storied Career since the series began in September 2008. The book is being used as a textbook in a course in the Executive Master’s program in Strategic Communications at Columbia University, called The Strategic Storyteller.
The Q&As are arranged by topic; for example, all the responses to my question about defining story will appear together. Bios, photos, and contact information for all Q&A participants appear in the back of the book.
The free e-book features Molly Catron, Jessica Lipnack, Terrence Gargiulo, Jon Hansen, Svend-Erik Engh, Loren Niemi, Gabrielle Dolan, John Caddell, Shawn Callahan, Stephanie West Allen, Madelyn Blair, David Vanadia, Tom Clifford, Sharon Lippincott, Ardath Albee, Sharon Benjamin, Carol Mon, Ron Donaldson, Cynthia Kurtz, Annette Simmons, Karen Gilliam, Michael Margolis, Corey Blake, Susan Luke, Mike Wittenstein, Cathie Dodd, Sarah White, Chris Benevich, Karen Johnson, Jon Buscall, Thaler Pekar, Lori Silverman, Casey Hibbard, Katie Snapp, Rob Sullivan, Andree Iffrig, Whitney Quesenbery, Sean Buvala, Stephane Dangel, Karen Dietz, Stewart Marshall, Annie Hart, Melissa Wells, and Jim Ballard.
Read a preview:
Here’s the table of contents:
- CHAPTER 1: Defining Story
- CHAPTER 2: Origins of Storytelling Passions
- CHAPTER 3: Storytelling Influences
- CHAPTER 4: An Explosion of Storytelling?
- CHAPTER 5: Social-media Storytelling
- CHAPTER 6: Troubling Uses of Storytelling
- CHAPTER 7: Transformational Storytelling
- CHAPTER 8: Storytelling Advice
- CHAPTER 9: Change Your Story, Change Your Life
- CHAPTER 10: Storytelling in Relationships, Teams, and Community
- CHAPTER 11: Story Techniques and Tools
- CHAPTER 12: Unexpected Applications of Storytelling
- CHAPTER 13: Storytelling in Organizations
- CHAPTER 14: Getting Buy-In for Storytelling
- CHAPTER 15: Personal Storytelling, Lifewriting, and Memoir
- CHAPTER 16: The Practice of Storytelling
- CHAPTER 17: Storytelling in Marketing, Sales, and Branding
- CHAPTER 18: Storytelling and Career
- CHAPTER 19: Storytelling in Writing and Communication
- CHAPTER 20: The Future of Storytelling
- Directory of Practitioners: Photos and Contact Info